After 8 months of hard work, I am now a published author! It has been a challenging but rewarding experience and I’m really excited to finally see it published. I hope people find it as enjoyable to read as I found it to write.
If you’re interested in taking a look, there is a sample chapter available on the book’s page at Packt Publishing or from Amazon (Direct3D Rendering Cookbook) where you can choose to purchase the print and/or e-book editions.
About Direct3D Rendering Cookbook
Direct3D Rendering Cookbook contains 50 practical recipes to guide you through a number of advanced Direct3D rendering techniques to help bring your 3D graphics project to life. This is a practical cookbook that dives into the various methods of programming 3D graphics with C# and SharpDX. It is a package of innovative and up-to-date 3D rendering techniques supported by illustrations, sample code, and concise explanations.
The book covers a range of topics including:
- How to set up a Direct3D application and perform real-time 3D rendering with C# and SharpDX
- Learn techniques for debugging your Direct3D application
- Render a 3D environment with lights, models, and materials
- Explore character animation using bones and vertex skinning
- Create additional surface detail using tessellation with displacement mapping and displacement decals
- Implement image post-processing tasks within compute shaders
- Use real-time deferred rendering techniques to implement improved shading for lighting and shadows
- Learn to program the graphics pipeline with shaders using HLSL and Shader Model 5